Dandruff is a very common problem which every one of us suffers at a certain stage of life. The problem of dandruff is not due to hair but a Dry Flaky Skin on the scalp. It is not only embarrassing but also causes Irritation, Itching and Discomfort on your scalp. Though the actual reasons for causing Dandruff is not known, it is believed that Stress, Hormonal imbalance and premature Shedding of skin are some common causes. Hereditary can be another reason for causing dandruff.
In order to fight back the dandruff problem several hair care products have been launched in the market but it is always advisable to use Natural Products and Home Remedies to get rid off Dandruff. Reading the article will help you know about some remedies to treat the dandruff problem.
Treatment for Dandruff
Anti-Dandruff Shampoos - Various Anti-Dandruff Shampoos and Oils are available in the market. But before buying one check the composition of the product. Those products having a chemical composition of Zinc Pyrithione, Salicylic Acid, Selenium Sulfide, Coal Tar and Ketoconazole are considered best for treating dandruff’s.
For example, Zinc Pyrithione is an Anti-fungal and Anti-bacterial agent that treats fungal infection on scalp. While Salicylic Acid due to its well scrubbing effect removes dandruff from scalp. But be sure to use a conditioner after applying these products.
Home Remedies for Dandruff– If you are trying to avoid using chemicals on your scalp go for home remedies, which are really effective for treating the dandruff problem.
1. Soak two table spoons of Fenugreek Seeds over night. Make a fine paste by grinding those soaked seeds and apply it all over your scalp. Leave it for an hour and then wash it thoroughly with Ritha and Shikakai.
2. While washing your hair use a teaspoon of fresh Lime Juice in the last rinse. Not only your hair will shine but also it will remove stickiness and remove dandruff.
3. Washing your hair twice a week with two table spoons of Green Gram Powder mixed with half a cup of Curd is very effective to prevent dandruff.
4. Beet is very good for dandruff. Boil both the tops and roots of beets in water and now message your scalp with finger tips every night before going to bed.
5. Mix fuller’s earth with water and make a paste. Apply it on your scalp and leave for few minutes. Now scrub it and wash your hair.
6. Neem is excellent for cleaning your scalp and hair. Grind some neem leaves and extract the juice. Now wash your hair with the neem juice. Again boiling neem leaves and washing the hair with that water is effective to treat the dandruff.
7. Put two table spoons of Vinegar in six table spoons of hot water. Apply it on your scalp and cover it with a cloth. Let it be covered for the whole night. Next morning wash your hair with plain water. Doing this for twice every week for about 3 months could be very effective
8. Add two table spoons of Cornmeal and one table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to half a cup of Grape-seed Oil. While washing the hair in hot water apply this mixture and leave for half an hour. Now wash your hair with a good shampoo.
9. Messaging the scalp with warm Coconut Oil at-least thrice a week could obviously get rid off your dandruff.
These above tips are really helpful for treating your dandruff problem. Apply them and get rid off a dry Itching Skin full of Dandruff’s.