Children are basically energetic and active. But you will find some kids who are shy and introvert and avoid talking to others. As a parent it is your duty to help your child to come out of his introvert behavior and express himself to others. You have to make your kid friendly to others and the best way to do it is by having regular conversation with your child. This way he/she will start coming out of his shell and be able to express his/her feelings.
You have to develop the conversation skills of your kid in order to make him/her smart. Here we will discuss about how to start conversation with kids so that your idea about conversation starters for kids will become clear.
An Idea on Conversation Starter with Kids
1. Try to engage your child with Extra-curricular Activities. Don’t indulge him to stay at Home and watch TV and playing Video Games alone. This way he will become introvert and loss the opportunity to mingle with other kids.
2. Try to take him out for Outdoor Games, where he could be able to play with other children. He will make new friends and start socializing. This way he will develop his conversation skills also and communicate his thoughts with others. The more he will go out of home, the more he will mix up with people and this way he will increase his communication skills also.
3. Try to grow the habit of Writing Diary. Buy for him a diary and tell him to write his everyday activities. If he writes everyday all about what he did the whole day, his language will also develop and on the other hand he will be able to express his thoughts also.
The type of Conversation that you could have with your Child is-
Have Random Conversation-
- Who is your favorite teacher at school?
- Who is your best friend?
- How many friends you have at school?
- What is your favorite dish?
- Whom do you love most?
- Which subject you like most?
- Are you afraid of anything?
- Which flower you like most?
- Do you fight with your friends?
Have a Conversation Regarding his Activities-
- What is your favorite sport?
- Do you like indoor or outdoor games?
- What are your plans on weekends?
- What do you play at school during recess hours?
- How would you like to enjoy during a vacation?
Have a Conversation on Cultural Things-
- What type of stories you like to read?
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Do you like to watch Cartoon?
- Do you like to watch TV?
- What type of music you like to listen?
If the child is shy to talk to his friends and classmates then you could help him to start conversation with the following questions. These questions will help them to start talking to his friends-
- I have gone to a sea beach this weekend. Do you like to visit sea beaches?
- I like ice-creams made by my mom at home? What is your favorite dish of your mother?
- Have you lot of homework?
- I will play cricket today? What will you play?
- Every Sunday I go to piano classes? Do you learn and music?
Here are some Tips for Children if they want to Start a Conversation and make new Friends
Simple Ways to make Friendship with other Kids-
1. Every human being likes to be praised. If you want to make a new friend, give him/her a Compliment. Give a good comment on his dress or on his personality. He will be influenced and will start conversation with you.
2. If you have gone to visit a new place on a vacation, start telling about your experience at the new place to your friends. Your friends will be interested to listen about the new place.
3. If you have gone to a totally new place after your father has been transferred, start your conversation by telling about yourself. Introduce yourself gracefully and see how other kids will try to make friendship with you.
4. If you are humorous, then it is easy for you to make friendship. Tell jokes to your friends and make them laugh. Your friends will love you for that.
Try to have conversation with your kid whenever you get time. Even if you are too busy, talk to him at the dinner table. Ask him about what he did the whole day. Unless your child is free with you he will not be able to communicate with others. If he is introvert, ask him about his problems, solve them by talking. Regular conversation with kids makes them much more confident.