The pain in the Tailbone becomes worse when you sit. This is because while you sit the entire weight of your body is put on the Tailbone while on standing the body weight gets distributed to other bones in the Lower Back and Hip.
Various causes like- Fractures, Dislocated Bones, Cracks and Sprains can give rise to Tailbone Pain. Pregnant women may face the problem of pain due to the increase of their body weight during Gestation. Any injury while playing could also bring Tailbone Pain.
In order to minimize your pain, first find out the cause for which you are having this pain. Go to a doctor to have a proper diagnose and check out the source of your pain. Since Sitting could cause more pain here are some Tips on How to Sit with a Tailbone pain.
Tips on Sitting Process with Tailbone Pain
- Find out whether sitting is on a Hard Surface or a Soft Surface is causing you more Pain. Find whether you are feeling comfortable while sitting on a soft sofa or a hard bench. Try to avoid sitting on such surface that gives you more pain.
- Many patients feel good to sit while leaning forward. This is so because it moves away your body weight from the Tailbone and your Weight rest on the Thighs and Buttocks. So bend your waist first and lean a little forward before sitting.
- Sitting with your Foot or Ankle placing beneath the buttock from the opposite side is a good idea. For example position your right foot up on the chair underneath the left buttock. In this position the Tailbone is lifted up and less pressure is there on it. This may reduce your pain.
- Try to avoid sitting in the same posture for a long time. Change your sitting position frequently.
- Find out the best sitting positions which can give you comfort. Then change these positions frequently to have less pain.
- Using a Tailbone Cushion while sitting may help you a lot. Your weight will be distributed away from the Tailbone and you feel less pain.
- The Tailbone Pain becomes worse while moving from sitting to standing. So while getting up from your sitting position, get up slowly. Don’t stand up quickly.
- Try to avoid the Bumps and Shakes while Riding a bus. Since you will have no control over these you may feel the pain. Don’t even sit on a Shaking Chair.
Since, Sitting may cause you more pain take care of your Sitting Postures. Sit at the right posture and follow the above tips to get a little relief while you sit.