Many theories are there which explain the causes of Clinical Depression. These theories discuss about the various Biological and Genetic factors leading to depression. Also it says about various environmental influences and problems in childhood development that causes depression.
Causes of Depression
1. Researchers believe that depression is somewhat Hereditary and it is true in cases of Bipolar Disorder or Manic Depression. Besides these certain other factors like Stress at home and work places may cause depression.
2. Apart from being in the family history, people can also develop depression which causes due to changes in brain structures or functioning of the brain.
3. People either with pessimistic attitude or easily overwhelmed by Stress are prone to depression. Again physical disorder could also lead to mental problem. Depression could easily attack people suffering from Cancer, Heart Attack, Stroke and other Hormonal disorders.
4. Again loss of close relative, financial problems, break-up in relationships may also lead to a depressive mood.
Thus when the Genetic, Psychological and Environmental factors combine together, Depression evolves.
Symptoms of Depression
Though depression varies from one person to another, some common symptoms are there. When you are suffering from the following symptoms, you must decide to seek professional help. The common signs are:
- Feeling Helpless and Hopeless.
- Losing interest in Regular Activities.
- Change in Weight.
- Loss of Appetite.
- Loss of Sleep or Oversleeping.
- Feeling Irritated and Restless with Low Tolerance Capacity.
- Feeling Fatigue and easily getting Exhausted.
- Feeling Guilty without any valid reason.
- Lack of Concentration.
- Problem in Decision Making.
- Physical Discomforts like Back aches, Stomach Pain and Headaches.
So if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms for a period of two weeks or more, don’t hesitate to consult a Psychologist.