These days Double Windsor Knot of a Tie is becoming very popular in US. People becoming bored of using the same tie knot sometimes want to change the look by changing the knot of a tie too. A Double Windsor Knot has become the latest fashion and the most searched tie knot over the internet.
If you are curious to know how to tie this knot, simply follow the instructions below to get an idea.
Instructions for Tying a Double Windsor Knot
1. Since a double knot is made your tie should be a long one to tie this knot. Button your shirt correctly and flip up the collar. Keep the tie around your neck and make sure to keep the wider end much lower than the narrower end.
2. Cross the wider end over the narrower one by holding in two fingers.
3. Pull the wider end carefully through the loop of your neck and again wrap the wide end back behind the narrow end.
4. Again take the wide end of the tie and pull it through the loop across from the side of the earlier wrapping.
5. Tighten it and pull the wide end back over the front of the knot.
6. And pull the wider end through the loop of the front knot.
7. Tighten the knot and place it in the center.
8. Finally flip down your collars and your double Windsor knot is ready.
Points to be Remember
- Don’t make a thin knot. Rather make it strong and tighten it properly.
- Make sure to touch the tip of the wide end of the tie to your waist.
- Don’t let the narrow end hanging below the wider end. If it so happens, untie it and tie it again. Even don’t let the narrow end hanging too high than the wider end.
- While untying, don’t just pull down the narrow end. It may spoil the creases of the tie. Just follow the reverse direction to untie a double Windsor knot.
- This knot goes perfect with wide spread collars.
Sometimes normal length ties are not suitable for making Double Windsor Knot for a tall man. In that case look for a longer tie to make the knot. So learn the trick of making a Double Windsor knot and be a part of the latest fashion.