The lining of the womb that is shed every month during period is called Endometrium. Endometriosis is the condition where the tissue behaves like the cells lining the uterus and grows in other areas of the body specially found around the ovaries. This abnormal growth causes severe pain and irregular bleeding sometimes leading to infertility.
Causes of the Endometriosis
The actual cause of endometriosis is not known but certain theories are explained to cause endometriosis. One such theory is that the endometrial cells become loose during menstruation and that may go through fallopian tubes into the pelvis. After going there they start growing in the pelvic or abdominal cavities. It is called Retrograde Menstruation.
Another theory explains that endometriosis is hereditary. If any member of your family suffers from it, you may have the risk of having it. Generally women aged from 25 to 35 years, suffers from endometriosis. Other causes are:
- Sudden change in the Lifestyle
- Never bearing any child
- Period lasting more than 7 days
- Frequent menstruation cycles
- Late Marriages
- Menstruation started at an early age
- Closed hymn blocking the flow of menstrual blood during period
Symptoms of the Endometriosis
Pain is the most common symptom of Endometriosis. Other symptoms are-
- Painful Periods
- Feeling pain in the Lower Abdomen or Pelvic Cramps before one or two weeks of menstruation
- Severe pain in the Lower Abdomen during periods
- Feeling pain while doing Intercourse
- Pain during Bowel Movements
- Pain in the Lower Back during Menstruation
Sometimes without having any symptom women may suffer from Endometriosis.
How to Prevent Endometriosis
The problem of endometriosis is growing day by day in Women. Below are some ways by which one can minimize the risk of having Endometriosis.
- Getting Pregnant at an early age is one solution to avoid Endometriosis.
- One can prevent endometriosis by having Contraceptive Pills. But women having hormonal imbalance should not try this method.
- Try to avoid Stress and Tension. Yoga and Meditation can help you a lot.
- Maintaining a Healthy Diet along with a healthy lifestyle and exercise could prevent Endometriosis.
Even if you suffer from Endometriosis, proper Medication and Surgery could give you relief from the unbearable pain.
*Disclaimer- This is only for your information, better way you consult and take suggestion from a doctor.